Authorize.net | Credit Card Processing
For five years Service Autopilot has worked with Authorize.Net.
However, because of the cost and lacking functionality, we suggest you consider CardConnect or OpenEdge as an alternative.
We recommend shopping around before settling on Authorize.Net.
Here is Why:
- All transactions are fully integrated within your Service Autopilot software, eliminating double entry, human error and time consuming reconciliations. If you use QuickBooks, Service Autopilot automatically syncs your credit card transactions to QuickBooks.
- Through the process of Tokenization your credit card numbers entered into Service Autopilot are automatically stored in the Authorize.net system. If you choose to leave Authorize.net they will not give you back your credit card numbers.
- Likewise, they will not tell us (Service Autopilot) the expiration date of the credit card. This makes it impossible for us to tell you when your customers credit card is about to expire.
- Authorize.Net charges an extra transaction fee of about 10 cents every time you charge a card. This additional ten-cent cost adds up over time.
- The Authorize.net portal is more complicated to use than other similar processors.
- Historically Authorize.net has not provided outstanding customer service. However, as with all companies this could change as they refine their operational process.
- Based on our experience OpenEdge and CardConnect almost always beat the rates quoted by other processors.
For More Information Please Call (972) 728-4040.