Patrick returns to the pod and he came prepared (with a legal pad covered in his trademark chicken scratch).
5 Secrets to Writing KILLER Headlines
- One Big Idea
- Appeal to a "Second Benefit"
- Use Power Words.
- Ask an Unexpected Question.
- Write Multiple Headlines (then write some more).
THE BONUS IS IN THE EPISODE. You can't get it in the blog post, silly.
Copywriting Resources that Patrick and Cody Recommend:
These are books that helped write better, more effective, sales copy. These are for people who want to create more than awesome headlines, they're for people who want to craft profitable writing for every aspect of their business:
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, Robert Cialdini
- The Ultimate Marketing Plan, Dan Kennedy
- Outrageous Advertising, Bill Glazer
"Summon the Rawk" by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)