From Boston to Buffalo, snow is a fact of life.
For some of you, it's a way of life.
However, these last few months have come up a little too warm, and a little too dry. Now, it's looking like snow again, so we've compiled a list of interesting and helpful articles for you Snow Guys out there:
Thinking of getting into the snow plowing industry?
Want to improve your snow plowing operations?
These links will enlighten you, and help you stay safer and more comfortable this snowy season:
- Learn more about the hardships of the Snow Plowing Industry from WGBH News. Note: this is a really good read. Thanks to Ryan Russell for showing this one to me.
- Do you get tired of sitting? Here is some helpful info about ergonomics in your truck.
- Eat healthier and work better with these healthy snacks for snow plowers (or, really, for any time you're working long hours from your trucks).
- Stay SAFE in the snow with these 10 snow plowing safety reminders.
- Get your snow plow ready for the season with this maintenance checklist.
- Refresh your training on Snow in Service Autopilot.
- Get your hands on the best shovel with this quick guide!
- Buy your first plow with this guide.
Most of these are secondary sources, which means that these are better reserved for the newcomers to snow plowing. If you're an experienced snow industry professional, the number one duty this season is to make sure your company is prepared.
- Have your new crew members completed training under your supervision?
- Have you properly documented all of your processes (training, use of equipment, maintenance of equipment, etc.)?
- Have you acquired the best insurance for your company?
Snow can be a very unforgiving business, and it's hard on your employees AND you. Get yourself ready ahead of time, and you'll have one less thing to worry about this snowy season.