In this Release, Tickets replace the functionality of To Do’s. We think you’ll find that Tickets are an easier, consolidated way to track issues and correspondence. Any issues with an Account can be documented, assigned, and resolved from start to finish within a single Ticket.
What about my To Do’s and Calls???
All your existing To Do’s and Calls have been automatically converted to Tickets. None of your data will be lost.
Tickets are Live Now!
Unlike previous SA releases, please note that Tickets functionality is now
live in both V2 and V3, so there is no option to toggle back and forth between To Do’s and Tickets.
Learn About Tickets
We’ve got you covered with webinars and written training for Tickets!
- Find Knowledge Base articles and training videos at:
HELP > Knowledge Base > CRM > Tickets
- Download the Tickets User Guide here.
Tickets consolidate your notes, correspondence, and tasks related to Jobs, Events, Accounts, and Resources:
- Track correspondence with Accounts and Resources.
- The system creates a Ticket automatically when you create a Note, Call, Calendar Event, or Email.
- Calendar events can include a time by setting either budgeted hours or a specific time range.
- Set the status of a Ticket such as Open, Closed, On Hold.
On the Tickets list, you can find, manage, and work on Tickets.
- It includes filters, actions, and sorting like other list pages.
- We recommend that you build a combination of filters so you can save and load your own customized Tickets list.
Click any Ticket in the Tickets list to open its Ticket Review screen. Here, you can review important information and correspondence, including emails, notes, calls, and calendar events:
- Add Estimates or Jobs quickly.
- Use Ticket Edit to change data or relate other Tickets, Estimates, or Jobs.
- Related items appear right on the Ticket for reference.
CHANGES IN OTHER AREAS OF SA
To work with Tickets, we’ve made some changes to other parts of Service Autopilot:
- My Day now has tabs for “Tickets due today” and “All Tickets.”
- V2 Timelines and V3 Activity Streams now include Tickets functionality.
- Automations can now generate Tickets from Email and Ticket events.
- M.dot (a function in the original version of SA) does not support Tickets and is being retired. The Legacy app now offers all the functions of M.dot.
Ticket-related data now appears in each Account’s Activity Stream:
- Past Calendar Events (when marked as Completed, Cancelled, or Skipped from scheduling screens or mobile apps)
V3 Calendar Events
Calendar Events are now available in V3. These are also still supported on the V2 scheduling screens. In V3, you now can:
- Create Calendar Events with or without Tickets.
- Create a follow-up Calendar Event quickly while sending an email or creating a note/call from within Tickets.
- Create repeating and single events.
- Set budgeted "Anytime" events or specific appointment times.
- Set a different address location from an Account address (this is integrated with Google and can show on the map).
- Add attachments to Calendar Events.
- Schedule, dispatch, and route Calendar events just like Jobs, similar to previous To Do's.
Important Note on Calendar Events
Calendar Events marked as Completed will also close the parent Ticket if there is one associated with it. This allows existing automations to work seamlessly with the “Ticket was Completed” trigger after existing To Do’s have been converted to Calendar Events.
To accommodate Tickets, the Legacy app has two new filters on the Ticket List:
- Resources filter - Lets you filter Tickets that are assigned only to certain resources.
- Account filter - Lets you filter Tickets for a particular Account.
Automations in the Marketplace that had To Do Events or To Do Triggers are now Ticket Events and Ticket triggers. The Marketplace supports the new data for uploading and downloading.
To Do Events are now Ticket Events. Here are some things to know:
- Tags on Complete and Due Date are set at the Ticket level, not the Calendar Event.
- Tickets created are "Open" by default.
- When Automation sequences create Tickets from Emails or Ticket events, those will be related so you can find them on the Ticket Review screen.
- Ticket Events will have a Ticket Detail record of Note, Call, or Calendar Event.
- Tickets require a Subject, so any old events will display the subject "Created from an Automation"
- If an automation would create a Calendar Event, the "Start in" and "End in" days will set the start and end date on the Calendar Event.
- To Do Types are now called "Ticket Categories." Previously set "Types" are still set as "Categories" on Ticket Events.
- All other settings such as documents, custom bodies, etc. remain unaffected and are applied to the Note, Call, or Calendar Event upon creation.
To Do triggers are now Ticket triggers
These changes are automatically made, so no action is required on your part. The new triggers are:
- To Do was Completed > Ticket was Closed
- To Do was Created > Ticket was Created
- To Do Past Due > Ticket Past Due
Note that this trigger now runs once a day in search of past due Tickets, for up to 30 days past due.
- Ticket was Reopened is a new trigger that you can set to detect when a Ticket has been reopened.
To Do conditions are now Ticket conditions
These changes are automatically made, so no action is required on your part. The old and new conditions are:
- To Do Type > Ticket Category
- To Do Past Due > Ticket Past Due
Dashboard Components Changes
- Dashboard components that mentioned "To Do’s" now say "Tickets," and all data reflects the correct Ticket information.
- Key Performance Indicators dashboard component: "New To Do’s" are now "New Emails.” The "New Calls" component has not changed.
- Open Tickets Dashboard component - The data now reflects Tickets; however, the individual chart elements no longer open when you click on them.
- "Scheduled To Do’s report” is now "Calendar Events report.”
- Lead Timeline and Client Timeline reports now reflect the Account Activity Stream. The “Description” and “Assignment” columns have been removed.
- Damage Report has been removed.
- Legacy SA Reports – To Do Detail and Calls Detail reports have been removed.
USER RIGHTS FOR TICKETS
Some user rights have been added, removed, or renamed for Tickets functionality. You may need to adjust user rights in order to use all features of Tickets. Go to
Settings > User Roles & Rights [role] > CRM to review your user rights.
- The column "To Do's / Calls Access" has changed to "Tickets Access"
- "View/Modify To Do's" and "View/Modify Calls" were consolidated to "View/Modify Tickets"
- "Add Notes" and "Add Calls" determine what type of Ticket the SA user can create.
- The user right "Damage Case List" has been removed.
WHAT’S GOING AWAY
With this release, we’ve removed some items that were not used much or had their function replaced by Tickets:
- Following functionality on old To Do’s was removed due to low use of this feature, and the lack of notification for updates. We recommend using a combination of filters on the Tickets List to find Tickets that you need to monitor.
- Damage Case fields for specific damage case type To Do’s were removed due to low use.
- Touchpoints were removed due to low use. You can get the same functionality by using Tickets and tags.
ENHANCEMENT NOT RELATED TO V3 TICKETS
If an Automation is triggered by a Job, Invoice, or Estimate, the Automation View now identifies the item triggered by that sequence. This lets you easily navigate to the Job, Invoice, or Estimate.
UPDATES TO CORRECT SYSTEM ISSUES
We’ve made general improvements and corrected some issues in this release.
Fixed a bug for which in some cases, a Wait Period that only had basic settings for Hours/Minutes, would schedule for midnight instead of scheduling for the following day.
Fixed a bug in which trying to look at inactive jobs from the V3 Account Review was not returning any data.
Fixed a bug in which certain time zones would show an incomplete invoice on the Client View.
- In some cases, the Review field was not saving rules. This is now working.
- Sometimes, merge tags for physical addresses on Email Notifications were not populating. This has been fixed.
- Previously, exporting form responses that resulted in duplicate tab names would create an error. This has been corrected.
V2 Forms Exports were failing due to certain format problems such as leading spaces or exceeding character counts. This has been fixed.
V3 Installment Plans
Fixed a bug for which in some cases, when working with a V3 Installment Plan assigned to a job, the service's rate was being updated.
Fixed a bug in which some members who migrated card data to Clearent were seeing problems with the "Credit Card on File" filter for the Invoices list.
Some custom analyses including timesheet data were not showing "Lunch" as a work type. This has been corrected.
We fixed a couple of issues with Two-Way Texting when a new number texted to a phone number and created a new lead.
Previously, Certified Advisors saw an error if they signed in through a Member's account, then tried to fill out a form from the V2 or V3 Account pages. This has been fixed.