Lawn Care. Landscaping. Window washing or residential cleaning.
Whatever industry you live in, you need to make your clients happy.
But how do you know when they’re happy?
Here is a list of 17 questions that will enhance your client relationships – and help you prevent upcoming problems.
Click a link to jump to that section:
- Get new clients to love you
- Improve your retention of long-term clients
- Increase your chances of getting more clients through referrals
Questions that Will Impress Your New Clients
You just finished a job for a new client. It’s some of your best work.
But now you want to make your first impression go from good to great.
Ask them a couple of these questions, and your clients will be thrilled with your customer service:
1. How are we doing? Have we met your expectations?
2. Are there any areas you want us to focus more attention on? Where can we improve?
3. Do you feel comfortable with our employees?
4. Is there anything we could do to make doing business with us easier?
5. What are your important goals for your house cleaning / lawn mowing / landscaping needs?
6. What issues are coming up for you that we should be aware of or thinking about for you?
Questions that Will Improve Your Client Retention
Maybe it’s been a while since you’ve talked to your clients. Maybe you feel like your relationship with clients is dropping, or worse, you know they might leave you soon.
You need to show them that you are still invested in their satisfaction.
Ask them a couple of these to remind them why you’re the best in the business:
7. What is the one thing you hope we would never stop doing?
8. What is the most recent example where we exceeded your expectations?
9. When did we fail to meet your expectations?
10. What is the most valuable part of our service that we provide for you?
11. Are your invoices clear and easy to understand? Can we improve our communications with you?
12. What are you plans for [problem on client’s property]? How are you dealing with it? (This is a great way to upsell more work.)
13. What services do you wish we offered?
If you want to really boost your client satisfaction, we recommend Quality Driven’s software.
Quality Driven is fantastic for tracking employee performance and improving your overall quality. It’s especially perfect for the Cleaning Industry, but it will serve Lawn Care and Landscape maintenance very well, too. Check it out – they even have a free trial!
Questions that Will Get You More Clients
This is for your best clients – the ones who love you.
These questions will help you find more high-quality clients who make you love your job.
If you want to duplicate your best clients, you need to ask them how they found you … and maybe a little more:
14. How did you find us?
15. What did you search for on the internet to find us?
16. Can you give me suggestions for improving communication with you?
17. Is there anyone else you would recommend us to? How can we make sure that you want to recommend us to your friends and neighbors?
A few carefully placed questions will help you improve your business, and grow better relationships with your clients.
Arm yourself with these positive questions and you will get information you need to thrive – and maybe net you a few more jobs down the line.
Go forth, and get some answers!
Related: How to Sell Your Services in Person
Patrick Hoffman is the lead marketing writer for Service Autopilot. He writes about growing healthier Service Businesses - primarily for the Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Cleaning Industries. When he's not writing, he's probably reading: books on marketing, self-improvement, or science fiction. Contact Patrick: email@example.com