Whether you’re just getting started, or you’re looking for additional products to add to the business, this complete cleaning equipment guide explains all of the essentials professionals need.
In this cleaning equipment guide, you’ll find out the best commercial cleaning equipment every cleaning service business needs.
Take advantage of this complete cleaning equipment guide to save loads of time and ensure your money goes only to the best products.
Fix Your Pricing in Under 10 Minutes
This audit will help you find your pricing averages.
Identify which jobs are profitable – and which ones aren’t.
Determine how high your prices should be to guarantee you make the profit you deserve.
The Top Commercial Cleaning Equipment and Supply Essentials
As you’re searching for the best cleaning equipment and supply essentials, remember you don’t have to buy everything at one time.
In fact, when starting a cleaning business, it’s a good idea to begin by offering a few main services you’re great at, and then become known for it.
Then, gradually add more cleaning services to the business as you can afford additional equipment and supplies.
Even though, you’ll need to choose cleaning equipment and supplies based on the services you provide, here’s a complete list of the top essentials needed:
Equipment for Cleaning Floors
When choosing equipment for cleaning floors, don’t forget to choose products with ergonomic handles to ease physical strain - making everyday cleaning jobs faster and easier.
- Broom and dustpan
- Commercial vacuum cleaner
- Don’t forget to buy a handheld or furniture vacuum. Also, make sure the vacuum you choose works for pet hair.
- Floor scrubbing brush
- Mop and bucket
Wet Work Supplies
Whether you’re working in the kitchen or bathroom, you’ll need these wet work supplies to conquer everyday cleaning tasks.
- Abrasive scrubbers
- Disposable rags
- Avoids the spread of germs.
- Disposable sponges
- Avoids the spread of germs.
- Disposable toilet brushes
- You can also ask clients to provide one.
- Paper towels
No matter what type of cleaning service business you’re running, both residential house cleaners and commercial cleaners alike will need these all-purpose cleaning supplies.
- You can also choose a caddy with dividers to carry supplies.
- Disinfectant wipes
- Cleans various surfaces (e.g. bathroom or kitchen counters).
- Get a long and a short one. Also, don’t forget a mit duster for even easier wiping.
- Glass cleaning cloths
- Grout brush
- Works perfectly for tiled showers.
- Laundry bags
- This is useful for items like old rags.
- Microfibre cloths
- Avoid the spread of germs by using color-coded ones for the kitchen and bathroom.
- Spray bottle
- Use it to store things like signature products and water-based all-purpose cleaning solutions.
- This works great for those tiny, hard-to-reach spaces.
- Trash bags
The Everyday Cleaning Products You Need
Both residential house cleaning and commercial cleaning businesses will need these everyday cleaning products to add to their collection of essentials.
- Abrasive cleaners
- Air freshener
- Carpet cleaner
- Descaling agent (i.e. chemical descaler)
- Removes limescale from metal surfaces.
- Dishwashing liquid
- Use it to clean plates, stovetops, refrigerators, and more.
- You’ll need it for various household surfaces.
- Floor cleaner
- Furniture polish
- Glass and window cleaner
- Heavy-duty detergent (i.e. degreasing solution)
- Laundry detergent
- Leather cleaner
- Multi-purpose cleaner
- Must specifically state it’s suitable for appliances and different hard surfaces (e.g. walls, counters, desks, and floors).
- Oven cleaner
- Stain remover
- Stainless steel cleaner
- Used for modern, stainless steel kitchen appliances.
- Toilet and shower cleaner
- You can buy this as a separate or all-in-one solution to eliminate mold, mildew, and grime.
- Wood cleaner
Always Follow Proper PPE Guidelines and Procedures
Since cleaning products can be harmful or dangerous to the eyes, skin, and lungs, it’s important to follow proper PPE (i.e. personal protection equipment) guidelines and procedures.
As always, pay attention to OSHA’s guidelines for the cleaning industry to ensure all of the necessary precautions are being taken.
Use OSHA’s guidelines to protect your cleaners as well as your cleaning business from potential safety hazards and legal implications.
Also, before stepping onto another cleaning job, be sure your cleaning service business is properly bonded and insured.
By far, bonding and insurance is the best way to protect your business for many years to come.
- Antibacterial handwash
- Dust mask
- Knee pads
- Latex, rubber, or nitrile gloves
- Slip-resistant shoe covers
- Not only do slip-resistant shoe covers keep floors clean, but it also protects cleaners from falling.
- Slip-resistant shoes
- When it comes to proper cleaning industry PPE, comfortable, slip-resistant shoes are a necessity. If possible, make it a part of your standard uniform.
- Whether you’re just getting started, or you’re an established cleaning business, it’s important to require standard cleaning uniforms to protect cleaners from potential hazards (e.g. chemicals, debris, etc.) and maintain proper maneuverability. Plus, uniforms make your business look drastically more professional.
The #1 Essential to Have in Your Cleaning Business
Despite everything mentioned in this complete cleaning equipment guide, Service Autopilot is the #1 essential to have in your cleaning service business.
With this cleaning service software, you’ll have the power to take charge and reach goals sooner so you can grow faster.
Take a look at how the best cleaning software can revolutionize your business:
- Instant invoicing
- Automatic routing
- Employee tracking
- Automatic two-way texting
- Automated email campaigns
- Same-day automated payments
- Easy-to-use, data-driven marketing plans
When you choose Service Autopilot, there’s no limit to what your cleaning service business can achieve.
Grow Your Cleaning Business... Faster (and with Less Stress)
Start Software Tour
Manage your clients and employees all in one system
Use the Best Commercial Cleaning Equipment to Level-Up Your Business
At last, you have everything needed to level-up your business using the best commercial cleaning equipment.
Using this guide, you can now:
Now, you have the power to scale your business for growth using the top commercial cleaning equipment and supplies!
Related: Best Commercial Vacuum Cleaner for Your Business
Originally published Sept 30, 2021 7:00 AM