“I never know when I should be marketing my lawn care company. I want to grow my business, but it’s so hard to know when is the best time to do that.”
No doubt, every lawn care owner wonders this exact same thing.
There’s an answer to your question…
This might seem like overkill, but I assure you – it’s not. There’s never a bad time to market your lawn care company.
You’ll notice all of these reasons are connected. That’s because everything you do in marketing IS CONNECTED. Everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING!) has a ripple effect.
This is why it’s so important to keep your lawn care company top-of-mind through marketing.
The benefits to marketing are quite literally endless. So that you can make an informed decision for your lawn care company, I’ll narrow the reasons down and briefly summarize the most important ones for you.
11. It’ll Help You Hire New Team Members
You can post them through your website or online ads such as Indeed, Monster, LinkedIn… or on social media. Marketing jobs means it’s easier for you to find and hire new team members.
You can even accept applications through social media!
It also gives you the ability to screen your applicants better. You’re able to look them up on social media and do your research before you call for an interview. This will save you hours on spending time on the wrong prospects.
10. It Generates Leads for You
When you’re marketing, you’re making the public aware of your presence.
People that weren’t previously familiar with your brand are now converted into a lead – because they now know of your business.
Growing your lead list means growing your business.
9. Increases Your Conversions
Persistence is the key to familiarity. Familiarity is the key to trust. Trust brings about conversions.
What I means is this…
- The more your leads see you around town and are aware of you. This means they’re more familiar with you.
- If your leads are more familiar with you, they’re more likely to trust you.
- If they trust you, they’re more likely to convert into clients for you.
As an added bonus, if your lead-turned clients trust you, they’re also more likely to be loyal to your company.
What does this mean?
8. It’s Cheaper Than Traditional Advertising (By a Long Shot!)
If you’re marketing all the time, you’re generating more leads. If you’re generating more leads, you’re likely converting them into clients…
More Clients = Higher Return on Investment
Marketing is the best way to grow your lawn care business. So logically, it makes sense that it would provide your lawn care company with more cash flow.
PLUS, it’s waaaaay cheaper than traditional advertising.
Now, you can advertise on social media through things like Facebook Ads. You can also generate more leads and conversions through email marketing.
Since these forms of marketing are cheaper, it provides you with a lower cost of acquisition per client, and…
Lowering Cost of Acquisition Per Client = Higher Return On Investment
Additionally, you can actually communicate with your clients now through social media ads. Not only can they comment on your ads (giving you feedback), but you can communicate back with them.
The key is to maintain your brand as top of mind with your leads. This is what’s going to convert them into clients that bring home your bacon.
7. Creates & Increases Your Brand’s Loyalty
We talked a little about this earlier, but let’s get more in-depth…
Studies have shown, the more you see something the more you like and trust it.
This is called the mere exposure effect.
Why does this work?
Simply put, you’re familiar with it.
We stick to what we know… We like what we know. We see familiarity as this safety net. We equate it with being safe, secure, and trustworthy. Therefore, we tend to make decisions based on who does the more marketing and advertising.
This is another reason why it’s so important for lawn care owners to ALWAYS be marketing!
6. Creates Long-Lasting Relationships with Your Clients
Marketing is communicating.
Communication forms long-lasting relationships – even if the conversation is only one-way.
Every time you’re marketing or advertising – you’re not just creating brand loyalty – you’re cultivating relationships.
Having a constant stream of communication in your client relationships grows your business. It allows your clients to feel like they’re a part of your lawn care company family.
Please understand, I’m not saying this gives your team an excuse to slack off. I’m simply saying, these clients are way more willing to be forgiving on those rare days where someone makes a mistake.
This relationship also increases your clients’ engagement as well.
They’re going to be your own personal database. They’ll tell you literally anything you want to know to grow your lawn care company… how to improve your services… how to improve your customer engagement…
Just trust me. This relationship is invaluable to your company, and you need it.
5. Creates Lifelong Brand Ambassadors
Brand ambassadors are fans who love, love, love, looooove, LOVE your company.
Quite simply, they’re your biggest fans.
These are your ride or die clients who’ll never leave you. They’re the ones who rave about you to their friends and family. The ones who defend you when someone tries to talk trash about your lawn care company.
These lifelong brand ambassadors are created through consistent streams of marketing.
Once they’re an ambassador, they’ll also serve as your own personal marketing testimonial. These are the clients that spread the word of your company via word-of-mouth.
4. Creates Brand Consistency
When you market, you’re not only communicating – you’re telling a story… your story.
It’s important to note that this “story” is also known as “creating a brand”. You’ll want this brand (or story) to remain consistent. This brand (or story) is what your leads and clients will think of when they think of your company.
Let me explain what I mean by this…
Let’s use Folgers® as an example.
Folgers really sets the scene when they market and advertise.
What’s the first thing you thought of when I said, “Folgers”? You probably had a picture in mind, right? That’s the brand consistency… that’s the consistent story they’re telling. That’s the experience… the benefit.
Folgers paints a picture for their brand…
Families bonding through coffee every morning in the kitchen. That’s their brand, and it’s pretty darn consistent throughout any ad they produce.
Pretty much everyone knows their jingle with the slogan, “The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup.” This is the jingle they play at the end of literally EVERY ad they create. This is what they’re selling. Not coffee.
You thought they were selling coffee? Nope. They’re selling a feeling – the BENEFIT of coffee. THIS is what you’ll want to sell… the benefit of hiring your lawn care company. THAT’s the picture you want to paint… the story you want to sell.
Folgers sells the family bonding experience with their freshly brewed pot of Folgers coffee that’s created every morning in the kitchen. Their coffee is what’s creating the bonding experience. It’s the feature.
Any old coffee company can sell regular coffee, but it takes consistent branding to set the scene and sell specific benefits. Even down to their packaging,Folgers’ branding is consistent with bright, cheery colors and the morning sunrise printed on the container.
This applies to your lawn care business as well.
You’re selling the experience of having your lawn mowed.
- Bonding time with family.
- Rather than mowing their lawns every saturday morning, your clients will be able to sleep in and spend time with their families.
- Elite status.
- You’ll mow their lawn a million times better than them, so they’ll have one of the best lawns in the neighborhood. The result? Their neighbors will be jealous.
These are just two of the benefits of hiring your lawn care company.
Bottom line: Decide how you want to brand your lawn care company. Ask yourself what the benefits are, and then ask yourself, “So what?” until you find the deepest benefit… the story.
3. It’s Informative for Your Leads and Clients
It’s important to inform and educate your leads and clients. It’s how you position yourself as a top authority in the lawn care industry.
Conducting informative marketing allows you to:
- Keep your clients updated on everyday changes (such as weather delays) through social media posts.
- Educate your leads and clients on proper lawn care through blogs.
- Inform your clients on operational changes (such as changing credit card processors).
- Promote your unique selling position (the true, deeper benefit of your lawn care services).
- Convert your leads into clients through social media and email introductory promotions.
- Upsell your current clients through various promotions.
The opportunities are truly limitless. Determine what’s right for your business and true to your brand.
2. It’s Your Maintenance
Maintain your brand’s image through consistent marketing.
It’s important to keep up a presence on social media to:
- Build authority
- Increase conversions
- Upsell clients
- Mediate the online conversation (mediating an upset client, for instance)
- Get reviews (interact with the good AND bad ones)
- Resolve issues with angry clients
- And increase brand loyalty through familiarity
Social media is totally free and as little as $5 to create an ad on Facebook. If you’re not utilizing it on a daily basis, you’re definitely miss out.
1. It Grows Your Lawn Care Company
In general, marketing throughout the year just makes sense for your lawn care company.
It’ll grow your business by:
- Generating leads
- Converting leads into clients
- Saving you money
- Creating raving fans
- Cultivating relationships
- Creating brand consistency
- Keeping your leads and clients informed and educated
- Maintaining your lawn care company’s brand consistency
- Give you insider information on what’s working or not working in your daily operations
- And it’ll grow your business beyond your wildest dreams.
ALWAYS marketing just makes sense.
Stop waiting for an excuse to not market throughout the year. Whether you do it yourself or hire a marketing manager, you’re really missing out if you’re not marketing your lawn care business throughout the year.
This article will provide you with the deeper benefits of marketing your lawn care company throughout the year.
- Tips on where you should be focusing your efforts.
- Ideas on what marketing year-round will look like.
- Information about where you should be marketing.
- And reasons why marketing all year is an awesome idea.
If you’re looking to grow your lawn care company, this article is essential.
Finding a lawn care company who markets year round is like trying to find a unicorn dancing under a rainbow in the clouds. It just isn’t common. So, if you follow the ideas in this article, I assure you that you’ll be miles ahead of your competition.